Sunday 19 April 2015

Layer it Up at CD Sunday

Hello my blogland friends, it's time for another challenge over at CD Sunday and this week it's been chosen by Christine who wants us to layer it up.

I have chosen to use a brand new cd by Polkadoodles which is called Twiggy and Toots, it's a gorgeous cd full of Owls but not your average owls these are some of the cutest I've seen and I've enjoyed using them but funnily enough they are not making an appearance in this creation. I wanted to make an easel card but also a box so this is what I came up with.
I made the easel card by fastening the shaped card to a piece of paper and printing it via the rear feed on my printer twice, I then printed an A4 sheet in the same design which I used as the top and bottom of the box.The topper is one of the journal ones printed straight from the cd but I then printed and cut out the word friends and some flowers which are a bit difficult to see but I've used them a the stopper. Because I did the cutting on my Portrait I also did a plain white backing slightly larger to give it some definition. There are pearls in strips and small pearl flowers and butterflies and even a small bird cage added into the mix and if you look carefully you may see a small owl peeking out too.

I used a button for the draw front but didn't like it so used a sparkler which was just the right size over the top to act as the puller.

I loved making this and will be doing a few more for gifts very soon, I may even use the same cd as there are lots of bits I can use without repeating the same thing.

Also don't forget we are still running the Purple Crazy challenge in honour of our team mate Wendy and the list of prizes is well worth a look at, please join us we want to make this a special one for her.

I'm entering this into the following challenges
Art by Miran - Anything Goes
Creative fingers - Always Anything Goes
Little Miss Muffet - Anything Goes

3 comments:

  1. Oh WOW Jenny, this is stunning. Love everything about it.
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever card. Now you know me I love different shapes to play with but not made a easel drawer card....YET!! Watch this space you've inspired me.
    Just read your sad news. Sending you love W xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project, very pretty.
    Jocelyn x

    ReplyDelete